"The Laughter of a Child is the Light of a Home"

Friday, December 7, 2007

What is Wrong with me

Okay, so the past couple of days have been really busy. Brianna has been really sick. I took her to the doctor because she was coughing and had a fever for 4 days. When we got there the doctor said she was wheezing and needed to be hooked up to a nebulizer. After trying this there was no improvement, so she prescribed an inhaler to be given three times a day, as well as eye drops four times a day because she had pink eye in both eyes. Poor BABY. Well, she then decided to pass the cold to me. It has kicked my butt! My house has fallen a part in the midst of my sickness. Why is it that when husbands are sick its... oh, I need to sleep, I need to rest, I need this, I can't do anything... blah blah blah.. but when mom is sick it's, where is dinner, why aren't the dishes done, where are my socks ... more blah blah blah. For once I wish roles would change, but I fear for my children. Don't get me wrong, Joel is a great cook, I know they wouldn't go hungry, but the house would... well be like it is right now. I just wish I could get over the "everything has to be put away" phase I am in right now. Maybe then I wouldn't stress so much. What is wrong with me, does any one else do this?

1 comment:

Lexi said...

You sound so like me. I hate getting sick because life still revolves around me. Lately though when I get sick, Dave has been amazing and he really tries to care for the kids and the food at the very least. But I think guys are babies when they get sick lol. And I so agree, I wish I could get out of the everything in is place stage too. I spend everyday stressed out becuase I just can't get on top of the housework not to mention to the extra fall cleaning I want to get done. We have "spring cleaned" for the last 3 weekends and I am still not satisfied.