"The Laughter of a Child is the Light of a Home"

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Mush-mallow Dessert

Today I wasn't feeling so well. Joel got up at 3am to shovel snow with a friend, and I didn't sleep well at all. So around 2pm we both needed a nap. Brianna fell to sleep with us and the boys we left in their room playing. I normally do not leave them unattended, but I was so sick I had to rest. I was in and out of sleep trying to listen to them while resting. Suddenly I awoke and realized they were not in their room anymore. I woke up Joel and told him to go and check on the boys. He came back and assured me that they were fine and just playing. A few minutes later I heard laughter. Not the "oh we're just playing" laughter, but the evil laughter that usually follows a messy situation. I pulled my self out of bed and slowly walked down the stairs. Jordon was strapped into Brianna's high chair and Jereme was feeding him some sort of something with an enormous wooden spoon. As I got closer I realized what the expanded white mush was. Jereme had gotten a BIG glass bowl, filled it up with water (which would explain the water trailing from the sink to the table), and then added a whole pack of mini marshmallows to it. They were taking turns feeding each other with this wooden spoon, laughing hysterically. Part of me wanted to vomit (gross) but the other part just laughed. Only a hand full of mush-mallows were left, which of course led to hours of hyperactivity, followed by a sugar crash. Where do they come up with this stuff, and how asleep do you think was husband was to think they were okay?!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

This is funny, but at least they used a bowl and it was only marshmellows and water! Do you make a lot of rice chrispy treats? Thats what it sounds like to me. Kids are so funny sometimes

Fosburgh Family said...

That was such a funny story! I think husbands just don't unmderstand what it means to go check on the kids! Joe does the same thing!