"The Laughter of a Child is the Light of a Home"

Monday, January 17, 2011

Blessed

Everyday I am constantly reminded of how truly blessed I am. Lately I have been listening to K-love the christian radio station. They have been talking about their experiences over in Haiti, and what they have been doing to help after their crisis. I was walking through Costco and it struck me that the people in that country, and many others would never in their life time see that much food. How blessed we are to have access to so much, and not go hungry. I woke up this morning to a chilly house, and can't imagine being so cold that I can't sleep or move. I have clean water, that I foolishly leave running while I do all the dishes, and brush my teeth. I take a bath when ever I want to and fill it up some times twice to get it hot again. It is hard to imagine life with out these things, and yet for so many my life seems like a fantasy. Living in ingnorance of the world around you is sometimes easier than facing reality. I can't wait for the lord to come again and lift the poor up and strengthen them. I am so, so blessed, how can I ever complain.

No comments: